Friday, January 27, 2012

Hidden Agenda

We are like paint drying
Staying in one place leaning toward the sun
There is more company in the shade of our shadows
As we slant, blinded by our ignorance;

Staying in one place with these iron roots
Forgetting to water,
I rust
I need attention -

Separating days by meals craving just the sauce
I’ll be the centre of my life;
Underestimate me in this empty room
And I will make a mess of your life

Don’t call me if you’re not going to speak
Silence is wrong timing, grinding us into pieces -
Mealy mouthed
Honey speech;

Rocks thrown like alarm clocks
Whipping blades and their makers
Dress warm on days like today,
We are as exciting as watching paint dry.

{Written by: Andrea Currie}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.