Saturday, February 25, 2012

Alligator Paws and Billboard Silence. Home:

Part Seven: Flashback Road Trip, Three Days to Florida.  Characters:  Narrator (Andrea/Daughter), Captain John (Father), and Newt (the-Siamese/Himalayan- cat)

Day 3: February  15, 2012:
Reddick, Florida, Zip Code 32682. 24 Celsius.  Petro Centre.  The cleanest and funnest truck-stop on our tour thus far.  As we meander with cooling beverages, Cpt John spots it first.  And though I am extremely grossed out, I have to go back to buy one – I have found the perfect souvenir, for a friend who needs Florida Cheer, and a giggle.… stay tuned, and wear this around your neck for good luck ;O)
~
Tampa, Fl., to Port Charlotte, Fl.  Onward..... silence. The billboards have stopped. We are almost Home. 

Green deciduous delicious dreams
everywhere,
spouting and melting my heart. 
What a start. 
I feel like I have been here before
as I adore
such colour
spiked to both tip and trunk;
calm triangles combing remembrance
from past tropical destinations and meetings. 
I will stay for a while;
or, at least until my next visit.

The End.

{Images and Story by: Andrea Currie}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.