Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Sleeping awake.

Streams of consciousness. Monologues and babies.  Origins.
What do we learn before we are born?  I listen to this TEDtalk by Annie Murphy Paul, and I consider all that I have learned after-the-fact.   

We hear things between the walls when we are children but adults use big words, sometimes sounding foggy and callus.  We feel things when we are children like when we know something is wrong with a parent, and we don't process it until we need to.  When we are babies we are primal with emotion and need; when we are adults our thoughts and needs consume us, and we are not necessarily as perceptive as when we were children.   How old do we have to be to see clearly?
I want to see my mother pregnant and watch her live.  I want to be the child she waits for.   I want to ask her everything.
{a.currie}

http://www.ted.com/talks/annie_murphy_paul_what_we_learn_before_we_re_born.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.