Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Bermuda

In my day to day encounters, I often have a conversation that leaves me wanting more.  Inspiration is both received and given in these moments of intertwined curiosity.  I am grateful to have met Jonathan & Donna Smith - two artists and life enthusiasts.

Jonathan and Donna were in Collingwood, taking in winter activities as they were visiting from Bermuda. 

Jonathan is a retired Police Officer and Police Chief and has written a book, In the Hour of Victoryhttp://inthehourofvictory.com, which is the life and death of his Grandfather in World War II.  

Donna is a retired teacher who is now self-employed expanding her craft in mosaics. http://www.facebook.com/PieceworksMosaicArtStudio?fref=ts

In our post-meeting conversations, Jonathan has introduced me to the Bermuda Cedar. As I am inspired by life's paths and creative passion, I am also impressed with Mother Nature's geography and her trees.


I have a new muse, thank you Jonathan & Donna!
~ a.

Juniperus bermudiana occurs throughout Bermuda so the total area of the island is the equivalent of its extent of occurrence. 
Juniperus bermudiana underwent a catastrophic decline of almost 95% between 1946 and 1956. Over the last 30 years, the population has started to recover as a result of natural resistance in part of the remnant population and intensive conservation efforts.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.