Saturday, February 16, 2013

"I didn't do wrong by you did I?" - Anthony Hopkins in Howard's End, written by E.M. Forster


Oh! the way the world is perceived, 
What we are told, and what we believe.
Drama! Dialogue, and tenuous intrigue.
Writers and actors are playing the part
Reciting our camouflage with decorative art;
I am impressed, I am amused-
I find comfort in these lives, weaving these mysteries and lies.

I reconcile my own rendition of fate,
It changes and evolves depending on my state.
Pretending isn't a matter of muse, 
It's finding the voice inside which doesn't hesitate or abuse;
I am anchored with possibility,
Dedicated to the tide -
So tie to me not, tether to another buoy
For I am gone with the next moon,
Drifting with the night.

{a.currie}





No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.