Monday, April 15, 2013

Aging Beauty

Working next to the window, I enjoy the look of the sun and its smell of warming earth. 
I spent some time with this tree years ago, when I was in a similar state of production. Except I was writing a paper and studying for an exam, and living in Australia.
Distracted by pleasing weather and waterfront sounds, only the trees are different.   
Still there are cars, there are people making sounds of every day dos like appointments, and duties; the garbage man is methodical and the gardener is mechanical.
I have no where to go today, no one to see except visit with this tree, and recreate a memory.
~ a.

WorkInProgress: 11.5 Hrs
"Eucalyptus"
Archival black ink on cotton canal paper
15 x 21
{a.currie}

Where do I find inspiration? Travel.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.