Monday, April 1, 2013

Producing

My Carving an Artist Series has themes.  
For each theme I am drawing a few pieces which best represent and depict how I have been influenced and inspired as an artist.
This is how my story will unfold.

Finding your unique style is a process.
Producing art is a process.
It isn't a matter of practice making perfect, it is a matter of doing what comes naturally, 
over and over and over and over and over again.
It is not practice, it is doing.
Start, start somewhere.  Be inspired to produce.
Start by doing something over and over and over and over again.
Whether it be a brush stroke, a repetitive note, a stretch, a dot, or writing out words,
 just keep layering.
The voice inside your heart will tell you what is next.
~ a.

WorkInProgress
Theme: Why do I create?
Something from my childhood
Black ink on cotton canal paper
15x21
{a.currie}

~~~~~~~
Music by: DJ Shadow - Building Steam with a Grain of Salt

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.