Saturday, April 13, 2013

Self Portrait

When there is vulnerability, there is love.  

For my Carving an Artist Series, I have asked my fellow artists to depict themselves in one of their pieces.  To take a look at ones art, we have to first look at the artist.  

As I have been posting my journey with 'Tree of Uncertainty', first starting out as Tree of Wisdom, naively thinking of starting with the end, I realized it is never the end as it evolved from a beginning. I know like art, and life, to be wise is to start, even if uncertain.  This is my vulnerability - to be seen, when thriving in the uncertainty of 'good enough,' or 'worth enough.' But to be wise, is to be wise in the wisdom of uncertainty.  So the tree, though only rooted partially, dragging a tail yet to be rooted, is still a tree even if it hasn't evolved into one yet.

Copyright PomonaLIFE, 2013, all rights reserved

"Tree of Uncertainty"
Carving an Artist Series: Self Portrait 1of2
Archival black ink pen on cotton canal paper
15 x 21
{a.currie}

For my second piece in my Self Portrait, I am emphasizing a sense of duality. I have another face and purpose.   

This is my Tree of Love:

Copyright PomonaLIFE, 2013, all rights reserved

WorkInprogresss: 2 Hrs
"Tree of Love"
Carving an Artist Series: Self Portrait 2of2
Archival black ink pen on cotton canal paper
15 x 21
{a.currie}



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.