Friday, March 21, 2014

I'd like to make a video and I need your help!

Good Day shiny happy friends and Pomonians!

I have an important question and favour to ask. For all my tree art lovers and my art collaborators, I need you! It's time that I get out from behind my forest and make a video. I'm putting together an Indiegogo campaign to raise money for my reclaimed and renewable bamboo mixed media exhibit.  Let's collaborate! Let's make this for you and me, and let’s inspire our communities with our creative style and voice.

I'm putting forests on walls all over the world, celebrating and inspiring the creative process by sharing my story of how and why I create. This particular mixed media exhibit brings the outside in, and celebrates a reverence and balance between art and nature.
Too often we are cooped up in our offices surrounded by white walls and florescent lights. Art inspires and relaxes our minds, art encourages us to breathe and let go. Art like nature, encourages us to appreciate the beauty of life’s expression.

I combine my art with my affinity for trees.  The largest compliments I receive daily are in the emails and photos I get from you, my old friends and new friends, expressing that you look at trees differently now because of my art. My subjects are trees because they act as a skin for the voice that creates my story. Trees can be ancient and wise. Some witnessed the rise and fall of civilizations. They are functional and necessary for our survival because they provide us with oxygen, food and shelter. Trees are sublime, pure and beautiful, demanding nothing but a space to grow and be. They are stoic and magical, virtuous and inspiring. Trees are our life blood.

My path as an artist has been influenced by different careers, professional interests and personal struggles. My art depicts the spiral of how we live and grow in a constant flux of revisiting, revising and renewing ourselves. Like trees, we build on these layers as cycles in our individual growth, making us taller fuller and wiser.

I started my artistic journey when I lost my mother to cancer a few years ago. It was in my pen and a piece of paper that I found a peace begging to be explored.

As I produce and participate in exhibits and art walks in Canada and the United States, my goal is to share my story and voice with the world. Art is expression, art is voice. Art is healing, art is happiness.  My art is unique, my message is love. 

Please msg or email: andrea@pomonalife.com for more details.
Thank you for your ongoing support and tree love, art is community! 
~a
Andrea Currie, tree artist

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.