Monday, March 3, 2014

This can be yours

Modeled for the elegant family home, or corporate interior, it brings the outside in.
Laser etched onto bamboo, its intricate design was created with as much effort.
This piece is apart of me. 

The vitality of life permeates this oak tree.  May welcomes the sun and shines golden light through her finger branches.  In her grace, May is the goddess of fertility. 

Nature’s creativity is her beauty.  As the rains of spring usher in green from the earth, I sit under the trees from my childhood, resting in the dirt.  I am inspired by my birthday in May: my fingers, hand and arm reach up from the earth in a continuum of life and death. 

As an artist, I use my hands to express myself.   They have helped me heal, and they are blessed with all the scars and sagacity of their stories. 
~a.


May ’12, 2014 
Unique reproduction, signed by artist 
Art by Andrea Currie
Reclaimed amber bamboo, laser etching
Collaboration with Visovi
31.5x47.25 

Email: andrea@pomonalife.com 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.