Wednesday, April 30, 2014

As an artist

My journey is layered. My past keeps me level and my future is my state of mind. I honour the tenuous relationship between real and make believe as I find peace in the practice of my creativity. This is my present. This is the gift of life I enjoy. I am pleased to release this work that's been brooding inside of me for a long time. It represents a beautiful ache and its release. 
~a. Andrea Currie, tree artist


My Only Friend, 2014
Andrea Currie
Fine tip archival black ink on watercolour paper
Original, not copied, one of a kind
Signed and stamped by artist
16x20
andrea@pomonalife.com

I do not paint a portrait to look like the subject; rather does the person grow to look like his portrait. –Salvador Dali

I'm looking in on myself, my only friend. As I unravel and bleed I think I am completely detached but we are the same. I am roped, tied and braided. My psyche tells horror stories I am privy to, at a distance my knees bend and I swoon. We are connected but I know I am safe. My darkness is my only friend and I am the light that keeps it in its place. My true self is my observer but my darkness knows another side of a perfectly good explanation. My only friend, festering in my existence keeps me alive by breathing fire into my soul, knowing where we could go by where we have gone. My only friend is me. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Showcasing this piece and many more tomorrow night in Cardiff, California. Follow the link below for more details and to purchase your ticket:
Art is Community!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.