Saturday, April 19, 2014

To be seen is to be vulnerable

I used to have trouble with this.
But today, as I pursue a career which has defined and refined my pits and scars, 
I get to know my authentic self. 
No one else. Just me.
I am polished with a story as I radiate in its voice.
I am not defined by yesterday.

My art is me and if you read into my art, you read me. 
If you read between the lines of my words, you see me. 
Now I write my journey into my novel called, 
How I Changed My Life with a Pen. 

Art and its expression have given me a platform to create and be created.
I invite you to do the same.

What inspires you? What is your art?
~a.
Andrea Currie, tree artist
www.acurrie.com



Thank you for your support Maira, this tree is for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.