Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Carving an Artist: Speaking and Teaching


Carving an Artist: Speaking and Teaching
Andrea Currie, Fine Artist, Instructor

I assist artists in discovering the unique and integral components of their artistic practice while inspiring the process by providing structure and example.

Everyone’s story is unique. The perspective for how we see the world – our loves, influences and pathways – create the foundation of our practices. Carving an Artist is a guide and philosophy for art novices and professionals to organize their art and document their journey into a complete body of work for portfolio and exhibit purposes.

My process and structure was applied to an exhibit I produced at the Dufferin County Museum & Archives in September 2013, and the exhibit received an exhibition assistance grant from the Ontario Arts Council in 2014.  

Outline
I offer ½ day, full day or multi-day workshops with interactive facilitation and professional expertise. Speaking and teaching fee is determined by classroom size, number of classes and location. 

FOR AN ACCURATE QUOTE
Or Call: 1 (705) 441 5900

Carving an Artist: Primary (ages 11+)
Topics Include:
*About Andrea Currie; who I am, why I create, where I find Inspiration & where I am going
*Inspiring and motivating the creative process 
Demonstrations Include:
*How I create; drawing techniques such as shading, stippling, crosshatching etc.
Handouts:
*Carving an Artist Workbook: Primary

Carving an Artist: Secondary
(ages 15+)
Topics Include:
*About Andrea Currie; who I am, why I create, where I find Inspiration & where I am going 
*Inspiring and motivating the creative process
Demonstrations Include:
*How I create; drawing techniques such as shading, stippling, crosshatching etc.
*Identifying your unique artistic practice
*Write a clear artist statement
*Write a clear artist biography
Handouts:
*Carving an Artist Workbook: Secondary
*5 Fundamental themes + questions

Carving an Artist: Professional
(ages 18+)
Topics Include:
*About Andrea Currie; who I am, why I create, where I find Inspiration & where I am going 
*Inspiring and motivating the creative process
*Funding, producing and showcasing your art
*Pricing art
Demonstrations Include:
*How I create; drawing techniques such as shading, stippling, crosshatching etc.
*Identifying your unique artistic practice
*Write a clear artist statement
*Write a clear artist biography
Handouts:
*Carving an Artist Workbook: Secondary
*5 Fundamental themes + questions
*Signed print by Andrea Currie, tree artist

To find out how you can either build your portfolio or improve it, 

Art is community!
~a.
Andrea Currie, fine artist


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.